Chief Technology Officer and Director of Business Development
Results-driven innovative IT executive with demonstrated success in a full range of IT development and operations including product management, design and development, network, security and web site design, implementation and management.
- Over thirty years of experience in developing and managing IT for the real estate and engineering professions
- History of designing, implementing and maintaining successful network, security and web solutions
- Reputation for vision, passion, professionalism, dedication and outstanding organizational skills
- Top-rated speaker and seminar instructor
Key Areas of Knowledge
- Product design and development
- Client and partner relationship management
- Real estate domain use cases and technologies
- Profound understanding of real estate association, MLS, broker and agent needs
- Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies
- Network design and management
- Database design and management
- Security design and management
- Facilities management
- Speaker/instructor/seminar leader
- Association management
Rapattoni Corporation, Simi Valley, California - http://rapattoni.com 2007 - 2014
Chief Technology Officer and Director of Business Development
Responsible for the development and planning of Rapattoni's products managing all departments involved in technical development, and served as the liaison between Rapattoni, its customers and third parties. Managed a staff of 85.
- Managed the development of highly competitive association management (Rapattoni Magic and NetMagic), multiple listing service (RapattoniMLS) and security products (Rapattoni SSO, SecureLogon, and Universal Logon) designed for the real estate industry. Managed road map and backlog for 10 development teams.
- Designed and developed secure authentication, authorization and single sign-on security products leveraging RSA, PING, and Microsoft (WIF and ACS) technologies.
- Implemented Scrum methodology and Agile techniques using Microsoft TFS and RightNow.
- Managed business and development relationships with over 50 third party partners and 25 key customers.
- Researched new products and develop prototypes for all product lines including the addition of social media features, mobile device interfaces, advanced customer relationship management, and broker/agent productivity tools.
- Created Rapattoni's newest product, Integrated Website Services - an integration of content management and secure user authentication for real estate associations and MLS customers.
San Diego Association of REALTORS®, San Diego, California http://sdar.com 1998 - 2007
Vice President of Information Technology and Operations
Responsible for leading IT and Operations departments and greatly expanding Education department. P&L responsibility for 20% of a $10 million budget.
- Developed internal and external websites, e-commerce and content management systems.
- Supervised IT staff, and consultants.
- Designed and implemented network and security systems.
- Featured speaker and instructor specializing in agent and broker training in new tools and technology.
- Overall IT management responsibility including budgeting, project management, and maintenance.
- Greatly expanded technology training from two classes per month to 16.
- Responsible for building operations and remodeling projects.
- Staff Liaison for Sandicor Regional MLS Advisory Committee.
- Employee of the Year Award (2004).
Mission Bay Real Estate Association, San Diego, California 1995-1998
Directed a 250 member real estate association.
RE/MAX Coastal Properties, San Diego, California 1990-1993, 1997-1998
REALTOR® - Real estate sales and leasing. Multi-million dollar producer.
The Prudential Dunn, REALTORS®, San Diego, California 1993-1997
REALTOR® - Senior Associate - Real estate sales and leasing. Multi-million dollar producer.
Jonathan Hogan and Associates, San Diego, California 1983 - 1990
President and Founder
Directed a consulting firm specializing in Computer Aided Design, Facilities Management and database services.
Consulted to large architectural & engineering firms, oil companies, and utility companies.
Clients included McDonalds, Houston Lighting and Power, Texaco, Tenneco, Florida Power and Light, Brown Leary, 3D International, Morris/Aubry.
UDC International, Houston, Texas 1983 - 1985
Overall management responsibility for the largest computer graphics service bureau in the US. Within 3 months, moved company from perpetual $250,000/month losses to $50,000/month profit.
- UDC provided computer graphic services to oil companies, utility companies, and the architecture and engineering community. Disciplines included mapping, drafting, and database management.
- Reorganized company and redesigned work flow processes.
- Managed a staff of 80.
- P&L responsibility for $5 million.
Morris/Aubry Architects, Houston, Texas 1980-1983
Information Systems & Technical Services Manager
Responsible for creating and leading the IT department.
- Established and managed IT for a 500 person architectural firm.
- Applications included CAD, space programming, facilities management, furniture, fixture and equipment specifications, hospital prototype development and planning, asset tracking and inventory systems.
University of Houston, College of Architecture, Houston, Texas 1980 - 1984
Instructor, Computer Aided Design
- Founded the Computer Aided Design program.
- Created and taught specialized CAD courses.
- Advisor to the Dean; served on many university committees.
University of Wisconsin, College of Engineering and Applied Science, Madison, Wisconsin 1982 - 1990
Created and conducted week-long seminars on Computer-aided-design and IT management.
Bachelor of Architecture, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona; 1980, Dean's Honor List; Founded the Computer Graphics Lab within the College of Architecture.
- Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects by University of California, San Diego on Coursera. Certificate earned on July 13, 2017
- Scrum Alliance - Certified ScrumMaster
- Scrum Alliance - Certified Scrum Product Owner
- National Association of Realtors®
- California Association of Realtors®
- San Diego Association of Realtors®
- Real Estate Standards Organization - Charter Member
- Agile/Scrum Community
- American Society of Association Executives
- California Real Estate Salesperson License - Since 1990